Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Christmas... (technically)

Well, Chris and I have spent many Christmas holidays together (we've been together for 6 1/2 years), however, this was our first official Christmas together after our wedding!

We spent Christmas this year in Fresno (where my family lives). It was great seeing everyone, but we did miss our snow. Our first stop was in Modesto; sort of a tradition to do Christmas Eve at Aunt Kris and Uncle Chuck's for prime rib dinner. We got to see Cousin Katie's (and her fiancee, Jacob's) new house. Super cute, I must say! We are excited to attend their wedding this coming October... woo hoo! We played some fun games, in which the girls' team schooled the boys'... to be exptected :) Enjoyed some nice wine, mmmm.... Rombauer. Then, once it was all over, we drove the hour and a half to good ol' Fresno. We bought Megan and Kayleigh a package of noisemaker fireworks and a yard of gumballs. hahaha, best aunt and uncle ever! Yes, Jared and Mel love us for that, too! Recently, for the adults, we've been drawing names for Christmas, because heck, there are just too dang many of us... we'd all go broke buying nice gifts for everyone. This year, Chris drew Sonya's name and I drew Jenai's name. Jace drew Chris and Jared drew me. Chris and I asked for the same thing... gift cards to Pottery Barn. There is an awesome wine bottle chandelier we have our eye on for the new house.



Speaking of new house... yes, it is true, Chris and I have purchased our first home! It is very near the house we are currently renting. However, it is not quite a house yet, as it is being built from the ground up. So, technically, it's a dirt lot. We are very excited!!! It is scheduled to be finished around the beginning of April. We will track the progress on this blog (if I can be a diligent blogger).

For the work front, Chris's job remains the same... nothing new there. I, however, began a new job on October 1. I am working for a non-profit organization, which provides free legal services to the underprivileged population. The clients whom I represent are all victims of domestic violence. It's definitely not what I anticipated as far as a job is concerned, however, I am enjoying it. It is great experience... I get to manage my own case load and go to court. And best of all, I am helping people who really need it!

New Year's Eve was pretty mellow this year. Chris, unfortunately, was forced to work overtime 2 days in a row (I guess it's good money, but I'd rather him be home). So, luckily, Jared, Mel, the girls, Mel's brother, Dave, and my Mom came up for the holiday. We had a great time! We went sledding; the girls loved it! Megan wanted to take some snow home with her and was so disappointed to hear that she couldn't because the snow would melt. She kept asking for an ice chest... poor thing. I guess we could have let her try, so she could have learned for herself. Oh well. We had dinner at Ghengis Grill... a favorite of Jared's and Mel's. We also went to see Princess and the Frog! Overall, it was a quick trip, but jam packed with fun! We are glad they could come.

Well, that's it for now. Here's to the new start of 2010! Wishing everyong the best for this next year! Cheers!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty neat chandelier!

    I think next time we come we'll bring an ice chest for meg to bring snow home in.

    The yard of bubble gum has about 2.5 feet left. Kayleigh can't get enough! Jared keeps influencing Megan to set those poppers off in the house! Did I mention I can't wait until you have kids? ;D

    ReplyDelete